Learn how to make a simple code and write secret messages!
Today we are going on a virtual field trip to my backyard chicken coop!
Here is the link to CPS science game all about sorting items into trash, compost, and recycling. We are one of the schools piloting the new disposal system in our school cafeteria. Have fun sorting!
Here is a kid yoga video from the lovely and talented Yoga with Adrienne. She has awesome videos for adults if you are into that.
We love to do Cosmic Kids Yoga at school! There are quick brain breaks and longer stories that keep kids engaged. You can also choose a video the energy level your child needs to get those wiggles out!
Here are a few easy art ideas for kids to try at home with basic stuff you probably already have.
Markers+coffee filters+spray of water
- Have kids draw on coffee filters with markers.
- Make sure to put a piece of paper under the coffee filter as marker will leak through.
- Spray with water and watch the marker colors blend together.
Paper plates+cotton balls+glue+markers
- Draw any furry animal face on a paper plate.
- Glue on cotton balls to make the face furry.
- Cotton balls can be glued on whole or ripped apart for a different texture.
- Color cotton balls with markers after they are glued on if you wish.
Foam shaving cream+ counter top or bathtub wall
- Smooth foam shaving cream over the counter top or even better the shower wall!
- Draw pictures or write words in the shaving cream. Smooth over to erase.
- To clean up rinse with water or rub a ton!
If you would like something premade- Check out these printable projects from Handmade Charlotte.