Our Learning Goals
- Reading: We are continuing to build skills that help us read simple books independently. We are working on memorizing sight words, using a variety of strategies to figure out unknown words, self correcting mistakes, and remembering what we read.
- Writing: We are beginning opinion writing this week. We will learn how to share what we think with reasons or evidence. We will continue our work with capitalization, punctuation, word spaces, spelling, and neatness,
- Math: We are beginning our subtraction unit this week. We will use objects and pictures to help us understand the general concept.
Things to Remember:
- Daily reading homework
- Library day is Thursday. Please help you child remember to return their book.
- Read and sign the weekly checklist by Monday.
- Send a snack for your child each day. Please send a healthy snack whenever possible.
- Collect pennies for our Monarch Penny Drive.
- Our field trip to the planetarium at Rock Bridge High School is April 26th. This field trip is for students only because of limited space in the planetarium.
- Flash’s Big Top Circus is April 29th from 5-8! Sign up to help run our class game here. www.SignUpGenius.com/go/20F094DA8A729A5F94-circus
- Our Insect themed field trip is May 1st. Our class still needs parent volunteers for this trip. Please email me if you can attend.
- The Kindergarten End of the Year Celebration and Brown Bag Picnic is May 25th at 10. A special invitation will be sent home. Please plan for immediate family only to attend due to space constraints.