I came across this article (scroll down and read the comments if you are interested) about weird ways to feel better and it made me think about tried and true ways for adults and kids to feel better. I think we are all struggling with mindset occasionally or on a regular basis due to our situation right now. We are in the perfect storm of busyness, boredom, anxiety, isolation as well as lack of control and routine. It is enough to shake the most easy going person.
Next week I am going to talk with the kids about ways to feel better. For now I will leave you with this idea to feel better… just add water!
(Photo by Ethan Sykes from Unsplash.com)
What does that mean?
- Have a glass of water or brew a cup of tea.
- Play in the sprinkler or bathtub.
- Wash your face.
- Take a shower.
- Soak your feet in warm water.
- Splash someone.
- Look for dewdrops in the early morning.
- Go for a drive by a river or lake and hang your head out the window.
- Play in pots and pans of water on the stoop, yard, driveway or balcony.
- Lay down and put a warm, wet towel on your face.
- Listen to ocean or rain sounds.
For some reason, water can really shift our mood and help reset your brain. Hope this helps you feel better when you need it.